Date: Saturday, April 26th
Location: John Burroughs Education Campus, located at 1820 Monroe Street NE, DC.
(John Burroughs is a one-mile walk from the Brookland/CUA Metro Station on the Red Line and accessible via the G8 bus. There is street parking around the school, which is free on the weekends.)
- Must arrive between 8:30 – 9:00 to register and receive your project assignment. We will work from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., and will break for lunch at noon.
- Lunch: Please bring $5 if you want to order pizza at lunch, or feel free to bring your own lunch.
- Clothing: We recommend that you wear closed toe shoes and comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty or painted.
- All other volunteers can bring a signed waiver to the event or complete the waiver when they arrive on Saturday.
- You do NOT need to bring any special supplies or gear to the event.
We will be painting walls, doors, and quite a bit of trim indoors (including a large project in the foyer and the school mascot in the cafeteria), as well as some murals outdoors on the playground. We’ll also do some landscaping outdoors if the weather is nice (fingers crossed!)
The core of the Aggie Spirit is one of service. We are calling on all DC Aggies to participate in the first community service event with the National Capital Texas A&M Club. For a listing of some of the projects Hands on DC has done in the past, you can check out their website.